Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Rhinobear

Since I am able to update the blog again, I decided to look back though it and update something from the past.  I also wanted a break from working the death's helm for something a bit more alive.  I found this image...


... and thought it would be fun to sculpt.  So quick into Maya for a base mesh... 



... and in lunch crunch fashion, I got to here.  The second and third images below show a rough area that I am later going to use fibermesh to create a thick, polar bear style fur.  


 After the hour, I decided that I liked the character enough to spend a couple more hours detailing it out.  This is my current progress, and I have done a couple different fur tests, but am waiting for all detailing do be done before I finish working the fibers.


UPDATE:  Spent a little time adding some underpainting colors and roughing up the fur a bit...

No comments: