Friday, June 19, 2015

Brother's birthday card...

It was my brother's birthday a couple days ago and I couldn't find card I liked at the store I went to, so I decided to just sit down and paint him a custom one.  I went through my reference pictures I had taken of animals around the house in Oregon and found one of a raccoon I liked so I painted a watercolor for the front, folded it half, put in an artisan brown paper lining on the inside and then attached a small piece of writing paper on the inside.

Then I grabbed a bit of charcoal drawing paper and cut it to size and layout of an envelope using the card as a sizer and used a scrap of the interior paper as an added element to the hand made envelope to tie them together.

Here is the result.  For a last minute thing, I am pretty happy with how it turned out.


I love watercolor for the drying time.  I can go from drawing to painting to sticking it in a sealed envelope with very little wait.

No comments: