Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Zbrush to Keyshot package....

Well, Zbrush 4r7 has finally released and with it came the 4r7 64 bit beta as well as the much anticipated Zbrush to Keyshot package which includes the bridge and a limited version of Keyshot specifically for Zbrush users.  I have been waiting to snatch this up since it was announced months ago, and bought it straight away.


I love the ease of use and the great renders Keyshot provides, but was confused when I went to render out a turntable.  The normal turntable option was nowhere to be found.  It seems that one of the limitations on the Keyshot for Zbrush package is a lack of rendering turntables native in Keyshot.  Since (I believe) this is mainly marketed to artists in the entertainment industry (and even artists who deal in jewelry) I find this to be a major flaw in the package.

I have heard rumors that it is still possible to set up the turntable in Zbrush and THEN render it through KS, but I have not yet tried it so I can't say one way or the other.  I will do some research, tests and re-edit this post if possible.

No comments: